We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantheon - scaffolds

norway
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Pantheon - scaffolds

I think I read somewhere that the Pantheon is covered with scaffolds at the moment. Is this so? If so, does anyone here, know for how long?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

I think just a part of it now has scaffolding - but, I'm not sure. You can see it at this webcam (keep an eye on this webcam for when the sun isn't obscuring a better view of the Pantheon):

http://81.208.34.15/dynamicindex/camera.html

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

I was there yesterday....scaffolds are on the left hand side of the facade now (the right one is done)....hopefully it should be gone for the beginning of the touristic season (spring)

Ciao Daniela

norway
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on that camera.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

Oh good. I'll be there the 3rd week of March so I'm betting it may not yet be down but it doesn't matter - when I was there in April, the scaffolding only covered part of it so you do get a very good sense of this spectacular building.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

Have a look at this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k41300…

But even if the scaffolding is on, it only covers part of the Pantheon and it is open to go inside.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

IMO, don't worry about exterior scaffolding. The interior is wonderful. Also, you can get a great view of the dome from the Gianicolo hill in Trastevere. When ever people see my picture of the view, them immediately ask, "What's that huge dome?" Very striking.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

scaffolds are not that Pantheon is majestic.

8. Re: Pantheon - scaffolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 05:16