We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Douglas, Georgia...
Level Contributor
67 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

There are nine of us that will be in Rome for three nights in May. Three couples with a graduating high school senior each. The three graduates would like to go to a dance club in Rome. I can find very little information on-line and was hoping someone could provide a couple of names of places that would be appropriate for an 18 year old crowd.

Thanks.

Mike

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

My daughter is doing a semester in Rome - her group of friends went to a club last night - i believe it is near the Trastevere area of Rome called Testaccio. They had a lot of fun and another group is going tonight. i will try to find out more details and let you know.

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

Good clubs for 18yr olds: Coyote on via Galvani, Mood on Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Anima on Via dell'Anima, La Maison on vicolo dei Granari (on Thursdays, intl crowd).

My hubby's a dj here in Rome so I know .... :)

Douglas, Georgia...
Level Contributor
67 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

Awesome info. I would assume these young adults are not wearing "jeans and a t-shirt" to go out. Is that a good assumption?

Thanks again.

Mike

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

For Coyote, Mood and Anima there is no strict 'door selection'. La maison requires something a little more fancy...but Thursdays should be quite lax...

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

If they dont wear jeans than they arent Italian. Jeans are the italian uniform! Well fitting ones and clean !!! Probably not tee shirts..but a nice shirt or blouse or depending on the weather a sweater.

remember italians dont darken the door of clubs until about 11;)30 Right loving rome??

At least my kids never went out until almost midnight!!!

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

Agatha - jeans are fine, but some places won't let you in with sneakers....

Anyhoooo... yup, most places don't even the open the door till 11.30pm....and Italians wander in at about 1am... by 2.30am it's packed....

Among the clubs I mentioned, Anima is a cocktail bar/club so one can go right after dinner... 9-10pm...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

Oh, to be that age again...just the idea of 2:30 in the morning makes me sleepy.

There is an abundance of energy in throughout a lot of Trastevere - when I've been there around 11 p.m. or midnight, it is just jumpin' - they will have a blast.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

OMG, it's good to know that 2:30 a.m. still exists:^)

I remember starting to get ready to go out at 10 pm, now its zzzzzz at 10.

When I was in Athens 2 yrs ago, I had an early flight so had to leave the hotel at 5 a.m. to get to the airport ---- the clubs were hoppin' and spillin' out in to the streets.

TA should have a 'Top Questions' listing the recommended clubs for the kids.

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

the club in Testaccio is called ON THE ROCKS.

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My 18 year old "clubbing" in Rome

actually it's: On the Rox! :)