We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Is there any place iin Rome where we can all staay in one room or is that not done. Want a reasonable price and location

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Quads are thin on the ground in Rome--depending on the length of your stay, you might consider an apartment, or adjoining rooms.

I, for one, would hesitate to consider a room with four beds and one bathroom, especially if one of the teens was a girl. I have learned this from hard experience.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Define "reasonable". If the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City is reasonable, any number of hotels in Rome are, and you can book two doubles.

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

No, it's 2 boys ages 15 abd 17. We travel with them here often but in the states, rooms usually have 2 queen beds. Hate to pay the costs of 2 seperate rooms.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Supply and demand. You might be lucky enough to find a quad, but it might not be cheaper than paying for two rooms. There would be a greater demand for quads if there were not a lot of them, and families with smaller children tend to prefer this arrangement.

I would look for a quad, but definitely compare it against two doubles.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

Also be aware that a quad in Rome might mean two bunk beds!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
407 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

For our upcoming trip to Rome with 2 teens, we booked a quad at the Hotel Paba near the Forum/Colosseum -- Alberta is the contact person I have communicated with by email and she has been wonderfully responsive although I cannot speak to the room or hotel itself, although the Trip Advisor reviews were great, so the combination made us confident with our reservation this summer. Breakfast is included and the rates were very competitive. Just an idea as you look at options, as we found quads difficult to come by as well!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

I think an apartment is the perfect way for you to go. Get a 2-bedroom and you've got your own room and the boys will have their own room...and privacy for all.

Check out apartments on TripAdvisor and do your homework. You'll probably find a wonderful apt., in a great location, for less money than a hotel. Plus, you'll have a kitchen and more room to stretch out. And, you can find apts. with a washing machine, satellite TV, and an internet connection. It's almost like being at home.

It took me many years to rent apts. oversees. Now, I'm hard pressed to switch back to hotels. If you need specific help, email me and I'll be more than happy to give you recommendations and discuss the details of renting an apartment in Rome. Although, you can probably find answers to most of your questions on this board.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

I would definitely book an apartment with two-bedrooms, I find them to be cheaper than hotels, I use rome capital apartments,

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

There are plenty of hotels that offer quads, so do not be too concerned, but do book early to avoid disappointment. Hotel Ponte Sisto, Hotel cosmopolita, Hotel Lancelot, Caesar House, Hotel Due Torri, Residenza Domizia, Hotel San Carlo....long long list I have.

A good alternative for an apartment is renting one of the self contained apartments at Palazzo Olivia. There is a manager there all day.

I'm always in the corner of nice grandparents! Have a great trip with your lucky grandchildren.

10. Re: 2 Grandparents - 2 Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 05:20