We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roma Pass

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
herts.
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Roma Pass

Hi,

We are going to Rome on Sunday & leaving on Tuesday morning(a

flying visit!!).We are planning to go to the Colosseum(we are staying in an apartment on Via Libanca),Trevi fountain,Spanish Steps & The Vatican(but not inside).

Is the Roma Pass worth it or are we better of just paying seperately?

We will be arriving at Fiumincino & taking the Leonardo express shuttle to Termini.

Also can anyone recommend good cheap places to eat near our apartment,our budget is extremely small!!!!

Will be so grateful for anyones input.

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roma Pass

The combo ticket Colosseum/Forum/Palatine costs 12 Euro, so if it's the only admission ticket you plan to buy, the Roma Pass is not worth it for you. You might use the Metro or buses to get to the Vatican and the historic center (Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps), but each ticket is only 1 Euro.

There is no Via Libanca. Do you mean Via Labicana near the Colosseum? If so, save 6 Euro by taking the FR1 to Roma Ostiense and then the Metro to Colosseo.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Roma Pass

I think the Roma Pass is almost always worth it for folks planning on using public transport and visiting at least 2 sites or museums. If you'll only be going to the Colosseum/Forum only, and no other site or museum (the Vatican is not one of the places the RomaPass is valid, by the way), it's a tossup really if you'll break even with the Pass. Daily passes for use of buses and metro are 4 Euros each day, if you think you'll be using them enough to buy one.

There are a few pretty overpriced places right across from the Colosseum, but there are a few that are actually pretty ok too, like "Pizza Forum" which lacks in ambiance but makes up for it in great pizza.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
177 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roma Pass

I'm debating on the Roma pass too.....Ive never been one to buy these type of passes but I might. Does anyone know if the excavations of OSTIA ANTICA are included in this pass? If so I would be more inclined to purchase the pass. I have looked at the website - but it's not clear if it is included? I think it is...

Happy travels!

Rob

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,348 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roma Pass

Ostia Antica is covered by the romapass as is the train to get there. You might just want to wait until you get to Rome before buying the pass as there is no reason to buy it before hand.

Donna

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roma Pass

This is the page you need - under Museums, Archaeological... almost the last entry..

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=9

Where I also see that it says:

"Palazzo Valentini – Scavi (soon available with Roma Pass)"

Peter

Edited: 21 January 2011, 14:51
Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roma Pass

Palazzo Valentini would be cool. Is it even open?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
177 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roma Pass

Now I see the Ostia Antica listing!! Sorry - I looked right over it before. I will wait till I get to Rome to purchase pass, but I may just buy it for the transport+Coloseum+Ostia.

Thanks!

Rob

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roma Pass

>>> Palazzo Valentini would be cool. Is it even open?

VTJ - I don't recollect seeing anything recently to the contrary, however I'll leave you to skim thru' these two...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k41145…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k39993…

And note that there's now one "performance" a day in English....

Peter

9. Re: Roma Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 10:31