We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

I have been to Rome many times , but never during the Rome marathon. We are staying at Hotel Pantheon Via dei Pastini and have a 10:30 reservation at Gallery Borghese March 20. Had originally planned to get there using the 117 bus. However, afraid that might not be a possibility now with all the road closings. Hoping for suggestions as the best way ( and time) to navigate. Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

It's the No. 116 bus that goes to the Galleria Borghese.

You might have a look at this blog post:

roninrome.com/%20entertainment/17th-annual-r…

I suggest you walk; it's about half an hour on foot.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,398 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

yEAH I see why servxcie on 117 woud be cahnged by the marathon

maps.google.it/maps/ms…

But the 117 doesn't go to the east end of the park where Borghese Gallery is

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

You could walk past furtherest east street the Marathon runs (looks like Via Macelli) on Via Tritone (whihc later turns in Via Barberini), you have a chance of catching bus 63 that runs within 3 blocks of Borghese Gallery (pink x in upper right corner)

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

If you try to get on public transportbefreo you croess that eastern boundary where the Marathon is run, surely it will be rerouted.

Memphis
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

Thanks so much Zerlina and Lupaling.

I did mean the 116--careless typing--.

We most likely will just walk. That won't be a problem. Just wondered about how difficult it will be to cross the marathon route.

On the official marathon website there is a satelite map I can google. I'll look that up and check out your directions Lupaling.

Virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

I just happened to read this thread. I did not know that the Rome Marathon was Sunday, March 20 - the day that we will be taking the train from Termini to Florence. Our hotel - the Aberdeen - is very near the train station. Can anyone tell me if it is likely that the Marathon will make it difficult for us to get to the train station?

Thank you so much.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

This year's marathon route has not been posted yet, but in the past it didn't go near Termini. You shouldn't have a problem, but give yourselves a little extra time - just in case.

6. Re: Best way to get to Galleria Borghese during marathon??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 14:19