We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air canada airline any good

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sacramento
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
air canada airline any good

I am looking for cheap airfair in May from San Francisco to Rome. I found it on Air Canada, but I don't know anything about airline. Anyone with advice would be great. Thanks!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air canada airline any good

They seem to being offering the cheapest flights these days from the U.S. to Rome (I'm taking them in March). A few months ago, I looked at some website that shows customer ratings of various airlines, and Air Canada was about average.

sacramento
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: air canada airline any good

thanks for the information. I just booked a flight from San Francisco to Torronto then on to Rome. I just wondered if anyone had problems with them. Thanks again.

Sydney
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: air canada airline any good

I flew from sydney to vancouver with air canada in 2005, they were very good.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air canada airline any good

I have flown them lots of times (being Canadian & all!) Their international flights are great; domestic service leave a bit to be desired. You should be fine going from US to Rome.

sacramento
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: air canada airline any good

Thanks for the advice. I am curious how the airport in Toronto is, and do I need to convert my US money into Canadian money before I leave.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air canada airline any good

I travelled on Air Canada last april from Toronto to New Delhi - it was great - no problems. I didn't convert any US $$ to Canadian $$ - u can buy using US money but the change they give back is canadian. OK airport but I prefer Chicago O'Hare but then again maybe i am biased :))

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air canada airline any good

I've travelled lots on Air Canada and had more good flights than bad. We just did the Toronto-Rome flight at Christmas time. It was mostly uneventful. Air Canada is a bilingual airline so most of their employees speak English and French. Food was okay. Legroom about average.

Upon our return, we waited forever for our luggage in Toronto so we could clear Canadian customs as we were flying home to Edmonton. We had to move quickly to catch our connecting flight and one suitcase didn't make it. It was delivered to our house within about 28 hours. I've connected through Toronto numerous times and this is the only time I've had this problem.