We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Trip

Austin, TX
12 posts
Save Topic
Planning Trip

I'm planning a trip to Europe late June/early July and I need some help (first time...for trip, not help). There will be 4 of us going (3 about 40 and 1 60). We will be there about 2 weeks, and we definitely want to see Paris, Rome, and Florence. We'd also like to end up at a nice beach to relax at the end of the trip. We've thought of going to Greece, but aren't sure if that would be too much trouble. Knowing we definitely want to go to Rome, Paris, and Florence, could anyone help advise about a beach to add to this itinerary (Greece, Italy, France)? I would appreciate it so much!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Greece
Greece
Europe
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,454 Reviews
from US$82.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$411.00*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,831 Reviews
from US$60.50*
US$67.20
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,922 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Trip

If you fly into Rome and spend a few days and then take the train to Florence for a few day(with possible side trip into the heart of Tuscany by train, bus or driver) then take the train north to Lake Como for a day or two, then an hour into Milan by train and fly to Paris and then home.

If you want to reverse it you could fly to Paris for 3 days, then fly to Florence for 3 days then take the train to the coast of lower Tuscany , say the Orbetello peninsula and rent a villa for several days. Then you are about and hour into Rome on the train and fly home from Rome after spending about 3 days there.

It is hard for me to see a configuration where you end up at the beach without serious backtracking to get back to one of the airport cities.

I can recommend a nice place where we are staying in Florence in September if you are interested: holidayhomestuscany.com/florence-apartments once on the website, scroll down on the left to Penthouse Attico Duomo. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
2. Re: Planning Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 15:22