We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

Below complaints letter explains it all...

To whom it may concern

I regretfully write to you to express my total DISGUST at the appaling customer service skills of your staff at the Terravision help desk Termini Station in Rome, Italy.

Never have I met such incompetent staff that are simply rude, un-professional and unhelpful.

On Sunday 30th January 2011 at 4.30pm my wife and I bought single way tickets to Ciampino airport after consulting with them that our flight departure was at 8.20pm. They recommended we buy a ticket for the 6.30pm service which we did. They also advised us to come back to the ticket desk 20 mins before departure to collect boarding passes'. Infact we arrived 40 mins beforehand and were subsequently told that they had run out of boarding passes and we would have to wait.

Our 6.30pm coach came and left without us so did the 6.55pm service; as there were well over a 100 passengers still waiting to be transported to the airport. Naturally all the customers were apprehensive of missing their flights. Your staff were smoking cigarettes constantly and would not assist the worried passengers in relaying any reliable information as to when the next coach will actually arrive. We were told that the next coach would be at 6.55pm then 7pm... then 7.10 and then 7.30 and so on.. all which were not true. Many passengers wanted a refund and had to make alternative arrangements but your staff refused to refund despite continuing to over sell tickets to new customers who also wanted to catch the coach at the same time.. despicable! one your female staff with curly brown hair outrageously acted very dismissivley with a worried passenger and rather than help her simply told her that "tough you are going to miss your flight" although your company was at fault for selling tickets on false pretences and was in clear breach of EU consumer protection laws.

The whole experience with Terravision ruined the rest of my holidays and resulted in unnecessary stress. I will never be using your services again and would make sure I prevent others from falling prey to your shocking and dysfunctional company.

I missed my flight which cost me a lot. I just wish your staff did not lie to us and give us false reassurances that the coach will be here soon, despite politely asking to tell us the truth, so if needed we could have sought alternative options to catch our flights.

Regards

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
906 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

I was toying with the idea of taking Terravision to ciampino airport next week for a flight...now I have recovered from my momentary insanity....thank you :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

There is an alternative for Rome-Ciampino: SITbusshuttle, which by most accounts is reliable, punctual and not overcrowded.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

So sorry for your experience with Terravision, must have been a nightmare, I have used Terravision several times in the past with no problem, but the last few years I have used Sitbus , same price and a lot less crowded. I used to book in advance but now I wait to see how busy the buses are when I get there

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for
Level Contributor
713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

I know, terravision is just a sad joke. SIT is a good alternative, but in case you are stuck in Termini station and are worried that you might miss your flight, you might not find a SIT bus ready to leave.

in this case, there is a cheap emergency alternative:

take metro A from termini to the end of the line Anagnina (1 euro, 20 minutes) and there you can either catch the Atral bus to ciampino airport (platform 1, 1,20 euro, 20 minutes) or if you are in a real hurry, there is a taxi station at Anagnina and from there it should be about 10 euro, 10 minutes.

That's how I do it anyway.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

Wow, really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience! :(

I've taken the terravision bus several times between termini and ciampino and never had any issues actually (aside from some traffic problems, which didn't end up causing any problems with missing a flight though). I wonder if customer complaints and the SIT competition is why they halved their prices in Rome not too far back?

I have heard good things about the SITbus however, even if I haven't taken it.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

Appalling service for sure....

But was leaving it until 6.30PM before setting out on the 40 minute journey to the airport ever going to get you onto an 8.20PM flight?

Sad I may be, but we'd have been there by then!

Peter

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

We had already checked in online and Terravision staff advised us to take the 6.30 pm bus which would get us there in 40 mins so didn't foresee that Terravision would not be able to stick to their words

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

@ SPQR i agree with you.. we caught Altral to Anagina from the airport which took approx 15 mins and a further 20 mins to get to Termini on the Metro and only cost EUR 1.80; only downside is that their service runs every hour from the airport. I would have done the same on the way back but wasn't sure of their timetable from Anagina and assumed services from Termini with Terravision would be frequent but clearly i was wrong...

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

Getting a bus at 6.30pm for a 8.20 pm flight is way too late, the Terravision website advises to depart 3 hours before the flight

<<Terravision advises all passengers to be off at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time and especially good to check the departure time of flight.

And 'in fact should book your transfer to be at the airport at least 3 hours before departure!>>

www.terravision.eu/ciampino_bus_info.html

Also makes no difference if you "check in" on line, you still have to get the ticket to board from the cafe in Via Marsala

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Terravision coaches - Terrifyingly TERRIBLE, always Late

That page now says, "Airlines recommend that passengers reach the airport at least 2 hours prior to their flight departure time."

Even so, they clearly don't bear that advice in mind when selling tickets!

Peter

PS - in the FAQs...

"02.WHAT HAPPENS IF THE COACH I AM BOOKED ON IS FULL OR IF I MISS MY COACH?

If the coach you want to board is full do not worry, another coach will be on its way to collect you. Please remember to be at the stop at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the coach to ensure timely boarding."

With such reassurance, what could go wrong?