We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

HI Everyone,

our daughter will turn 21 in the next 2 weeks and is currently on a study abroad program in Italy through her university. We would like to send her champagne and something with it to celebrate with the other students. We know the hotel she will be in during her birthday. Can anyone recommend an internet vendor, shop, retailer they know to be reliable where we can place an order from US? Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

Two reputable wine merchants in Rome are Enoteca Costantini and Trimani. Neither has an English Web site, but both have email addresses and staff members who understand English. I don't think either will send "something" (what were you thinking of?) with the champagne.

You should clear with the hotel first whether they will accept a delivery.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

Thanks you so much for your quick reply. The "something" I was thinking of was perhaps chocolates or cheese. Had not thought of calling hotel first, so will do that in the morning.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

Does the hotel have a restaurant/do you know if she has made reservations at a certain place for her birthday dinner? I'm not sure if they allow this in Italy, but I know that in the US some restaurants allow a family member to call (with their credit card info) and pay for a special birthday dinner/drink. My friend's parents surprised her with this last month, she didn't even know until she got the bill! Never hurts to call and ask.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

Thanks so much for your reply-I am getting to write the professor who is in charge of her study away program to find out just the information you asked. I will be sure to post what I can come up with and names of vendors, etc.

Thanks you!

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

I know Roscioli makes special Xmas baskets and delivers them... perhaps you could send them an email... They're website is in English...

salumeriaroscioli.com/Roscioli_Eng/services.…

rome
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

I understand the sentiment when you say "champagne", but she is in italy! Why not arrange something related to italian wines?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

My mom and I were staying in Rome for my birthday last year and we requested an aperitivo and manicure in our hotel. It was so relaxing because we had prosecco with some snacks while we got pampered. And it was only 30 euro per person. We used romanesque tours that we found through some friends that live in Rome. I hope that helps you.

Edited: 25 March 2011, 11:48
8. Re: Want to send birthday gift to daughter in Rome on study away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 18:19