We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

metro tickets

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
metro tickets

Can someone give me some information on subway tickets. We will be in Rome for three days, is there a multiple day pass for 3 days? Are the passes bought at machines inside the terminals, or do you buy them at a tobacco shop? Thanks for the help.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: metro tickets

There are 3-day passes available but if you are staying in the city center I doubt you will be using the metro or bus everyday. The city center is small, making walk your best option to sightsee.

Individual tickets & passes are available at newspaper stands and tobacco shops. There are ticket machines at the metro stops but they are frequently broken.

Rome
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: metro tickets

one week pass is €12, or as stated use 3 €3 day-passes. At the metro stops there are machines as well.

OR, use the 110 red busses as your transport/tour or rome. Its I think €13 for a day pass, but it covers the city, you get a tour when you're on it, you can jump on and off throughout the city and its pickpocket free!

Or you can be really tricky and just jump on.. there is a bit of an honour system in Rome as few inspectors get on.

If you do get caught, the fine is €110 on the spot. If they ask you for €20 and they promise to let you off, do no pay - its a bribe and it happens A LOT. If you EVER pay a fine in Rome, make sure you get a VALID reciept with a date AND a signature on it.

But in then end.. is it worth it?