We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

The exact area is via dell'arco della chiesa nuova. If I can take public transportation for a fraction of the cost of taxis (40 euros) and it not take too much longer, I would really prefer it. I am just having a hard time finding what train station or bus station is closest to Chiesa Nuova. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

There are no train stations in this area, and the only bus station (as opposed to bus stop) in central Rome is at Termini, a long distance away.

Provided you do not have too much luggage, you could get a bus from FCO to Piazza Cavour, which is just across the river from the Chiesa Nuova area. You would have a walk of about half a mile. Cost is €8. See www.sitbusshuttle.it

All the alternatives for transport from FCO are in the Top Question "To and from FCO airport" at top right of this page.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

You could take FR1 train to Trastevere, then the number 8 tram to Largo Argentina (end of the line). From there it's about a ten-minute walk to your destination, or you could catch a bus heading west on Corso Vittorio Emanuele for a stop or two.The cost would be 8 euros for the train, plus 1 euro for the tram. The transfer to the bus would be free.

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

Did you rent an apartment? If so, which one and through which agency?

That will give everyone a better idea of where you are going?

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

Also, the 40 express stops right in front of the church. From there it is a little tricky to find the archway if you do not know what you are looking for ( I've stayed there before), but a 2 minute walk.

5. Re: Best way to get from FCO to Chiesa Nuova area of Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 07:15