We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

Mapleton, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

We are looking to go to mass on sat. evening or sunday morning. We are staying at the condotti and are looking for a church close by to go to mass. Please help we will be there in sept. Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

Saturday mass at the Pantheon (Santa Maria ad Martyres) is at 5 pm.

colorado
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

Mass is at 5:00. Be sure you are there early.

060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/luoghi-di-culto…

Mapleton, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

What is early 415 or 430 for mass or 450 which i say is to late for chuch. I hate it when people walk in right at mass time that bugs me. It makes me feel like it was a last min. deal if you walk in right at mass time so what is to late for church.

New York City
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

Too late is arriving to take your seat after the priest has processed to the altar. If you are at your seat in time to stand to welcome the priest's arrival, then you are on time. There is no requirement to be a certain number of minutes early. You're personal preferance to arrive more than 10 minutes before Mass time is very nice but not a requirement - judging your fellow attendees' arrival time is expressly against the "rules" ---"judge not lest ye be judged", "he who is without sin should cast the first stone".

Mass in Rome is special wherever you attend. I found Santa Susanna's very uplifting.

colorado
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

At the Pantheon about 5 minutes before Mass starts. That means if you are "late" at all you can't get in. That's not true for other Churches, but it is for the Pantheon.

Mapleton, Maine
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

Thank you travelm_c_2 thats what i was looking for . I didnt want to offend anyone with being late so thats why i ask and we didnt want to miss mass . We trought that was the case that they would shout the doors so that people wouldn't walk in on mass to look around. thank you so much.

17. Re: Look for a Catholic church near the Spanish step for mass.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 11:19