We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time for Galleria Borghese

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Best time for Galleria Borghese

Hi

We have to get from Trastevere (near corner Viale Trastevere and Viale Glorioso) to the Galleria Borghese by bus - think I have this down - Tram 8 to Largo Argentina then Elec bus 116.

What I would like to know is how long would this take to get from Trastevere to Borghese in time for the 9am or 11am entry on a sunday or wednesday?

Is the afternoon a better time to go to the gallery than the morning? Is a sunday or wednesday better? Or is the fact that there is a timed entry mean that there are never different crowds?

Is rome more likely to be crowded on a sunday and if so what is the best thing to do on a sunday to avoid the crowds in Mid May?

Edited: 24 April 2011, 11:36
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

I can't help you with the bus info as I don't use them.

As for the best time to go, they limit the number of people inside so it really doesn't matter. There will never be more than the maximum number allowed which really doesn't seem like much. If I had to choose a specific day I would choose Wednesday over Sunday simply because I like to be in the colosseum area on Sunday to enjoy the street entertainment when they close the road to auto traffic. It really is a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Donna

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

Donna,

Thank you. Which street do they close? Where do I have to be to see the entertainment around the colosseum?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

They close the via dei fori imperiali. This is where you'll find the street entertainment. You'll also be able to stroll in the streets without fear of being run over. It's a really nice, relaxing atmosphere.

Donna

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
318 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

I went to the Borghese on a Wednesday. I had an 11.00am reservation and it was more crowded than I thought it would be. It wasn't annoying and didn't take away from the experience.

Word of advice: do not bring any backpacks or camera bags. Just a purse. I had to check-in my SLR camera before entering.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 17:16
5. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2011, 14:48
Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

Thanks for the info. I am going to go on the wednesday. Have reserved tickets for 9am. I will allow lots of time for the bus. It looks like we will have an early start!

I will have to check my bag because we will be out all day and I can't move around without my gear for the day.

California
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

how late is the street entertainment last?

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

donna thanks for mentioning Sunday and the street entertainment! I will be in Rome May 23-June 6 touring other areas of Italy May 27-Jun 2 then back to Rome, this is a great thing to know to do on my Sunday in Rome...Thanks! :)

9. Re: Best time for Galleria Borghese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 11:18