We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What every tourist wants

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Topic
What every tourist wants

A "Papa BIT", a bus/tram/Metro ticket with a photo of John Paul ll:

www.comune.roma.it/wps/portal/pcr…

The Rome public-transport authority has printed 500,000 of these.

On sale starting April 29.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What every tourist wants

Wow. Any chance possible to cash in on Beatification-Mania I suppose! ;)

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
472 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What every tourist wants

I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around inserting the Pope's face into a validation machine!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What every tourist wants

We have a "special" in the UK, although not quite as holy as Rome's

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13149284

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What every tourist wants

The Repubblica reported last week that hotel reservations for the weekend were falling far short of expectations. They think there will be lots of tightwad day trippers, though, maybe arriving on buses from Poland (and elsewhere) after all-night rides, probably with a sack lunch.

The Italian state and the city of Rome are spending a fortune on this, including the extra security; the entire city is going to be a no-fly zone, except for state helicopters and military planes. In 2000, they also spent a fortune preparing for hordes of pilgrims, for the Jubilee Year, who never materialized.

5. Re: What every tourist wants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 06:17