We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

If one were to go from Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice, would I take a train or bus from Rome to Siena?

I saw there are two wine tours in SIena the Wine School and WIne Tour has anyone done both and if so which did you prefer?

On the way back to Rome from Venice again would it be best to do bus or train?

Thanks everyone!

1. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 11:37
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,682 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

Very few long distance Bus journeys in Italy, Train is the way to go reasonably priced and reliable,

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

I usually prefer the train as well, but there is a bus from Rome to Siena, which leaves from Rome's Tiburtina bus depot. The advantage is that it goes to the center of Siena, whereas the train station is a bit out of town. There are buses and taxis at the train station, but I don't know if there is usually a wait.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

You can take a bus from Tiburtina in Rome that will take you directly to the train station in Siena. It takes the same amount of time for the bus or train. If you take the train you have to change trains at one point. We had no wait for a taxi at the train station, there were several lined up and waiting.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

The bus stops at the train station, but goes on to the center of Siena, which would be more convenient for most people.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

Sorry, I was thinking the OP wanted to train from Rome to Siena to Pisa and didn't notice the stop in Siena. If stopping in Siena, definitely take the bus into the town center. If continuing on to Pisa, get off at the train station.

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

Ooooh thanks everyone! Very interesting the bus and train are about the same time! I like the bus drops us off in town center.

Is it reasonable to tack on Cinque terre in this route? And would 6 days be enough so after 6 days we head back to rome and explore romes sights before departing from FCO.

12 days I cant wait! I'm in search of comfortable walking shoes that dont make me look like a tourist, ha! Maybe I will wait and buy a pair there!

Thanks again everyone!

8. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2012, 11:37
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

I agree; if you mean six days for Siena, Pisa, and Venice, including a wine tour, you'll have your time pretty full with those three. Two of your days will be mostly travel.

10. Re: Rome to Siena to Pisa to Venice and back!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 02:17