We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal art house or royal meat house?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Royal art house or royal meat house?

Hi

Can anyone shed some light on whether the hotel/restaurant/bar facing the colosseum, I think on the south side, is called The Royal Art House or The Royal Meat House? We're considering eating there on the terrace one evening. Both the names I've mentioned are listed at the same address and have websites which I have mailed, but am still waiting response. On Google street maps it's The Royal Art House, but I don't know in what year that was created.

Also if anyone's been to this establishment could you give me your opinion of it please.

Thankyou

Shaun

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

??

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

Art House.

But why?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

do you mean "why" do I want to know what name it goes by?

Because I want to find information about the place and it'd help knowing what it is called. It's not on trip advisor, under either name, and I can't find any information about it anywhere on the net. So I thought I'd ask. Thankyou :)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

Hotel Royal Meat House, 1 Piazza del Colosseo, Rome 00184. +39 06 7759 0270. - pictures and more info in the first part of this post: http://tinyurl.com/Rome-Rooftops

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

Hi and thankyou for your help.

I have already had a look at the roninrome site, and other rome rooftop sites. They're just a little vague. I've mailed them using the link on the roninrome site and the email address on both the meat house and art house sites and am yet to recieve a reply. It doesn't feature on any sites that may offer any kind of customer review, including this one.

Taking all this into account, and the ambiguity regarding its name, I think I'll take it as a sign and give it a miss.

I've booked a table at the american bar at the forum for pre dinner drinks and was just looking for somewhere to eat afterwards. I will continue my search. . . . . .

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

Probably a good idea to give it a miss.

The reviews are very mixed, and some reviews refer to a sidewalk cafe, others to a rooftop terrace:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1…

This is the Web site:

http://www.royalartcafe.it/uk_index.php

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

When are you going?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

thankyou very much Zerlina. Yes I think I will leave it.

I'm going the first week in june. The evening in question will be Mon 6th

9. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 09:07
United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal art house or royal meat house?

Sorry to have been so vague... it's just that I pass by this place everyday with the n. 3 bus and it's just an expensive tourist trap.

I would rather walk up the Oppio hill and have drinks at the Oppio Cafe'... Sit at an outdoor table, order a drink and enjoy the view of the Colosseum from the top....Here are some images: http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&q=oppio+caffe&rlz=1I7ADFA_it&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1259&bih=627