We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
weather

We will be traveling to Rome next week, what temperature can I expect? Then we travel north of Milan to hike, what temperatures can i expect in Milan and then north in the mountains for trekking? Thank you

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

We are in Rome now yesterday it was about 20 deg c. Raining and windy. Girls shivering in tshirts and flat shoes. Hawkers out selling umbrellas & ponchos. Bring layers and big bag to carry umbrella & jumper.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

thanks for the info. your terrific.sharon

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

It is not raining in Rome today. Sunny but still cold. Need a jumper or coat in the morning and a night. Also through the day as if the wind picks up like it did yesterday it is bitter.

I must add that I have zero tolerance for cold and always need to dress warmly. But even my dh is wearing a jumper in Rome at the moment.

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Thanks Aussieastrogirl. Coming from Hawaii I find anything below 78 cold.

But what is a "jumper"? It makes me think of the 70s one piece jumpsuits that were big in America, or a mechanics work overalls! LOL! I dont think thats what you mean by "jumper"

What kind of shoes are europeans walking all day wearing, I really cant see myself wearing my stilettos although I would love to while in the vatican and basilica etc... :)

Grazie!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Hi Laura,

A jumper is the same as a sweater - definitely not a jumpsuit or overalls! Hope that makes more sense :)

In regards to shoes, I'm not in Europe yet so can't tell you what the locals are wearing but general consensus on this forum seems to be to wear very comfortable shoes.

Kate

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Today started out cool - needed a thin wool cardigan but then just a t-shirt.

There are women wearing boots, flip flops, sandals, joggers, more stylish walking shoes, flats, joggers of every imaginable colour and the occasional tottery woman clinging helplessly to a man's arm in 6 inch stilettos : )

There are other some women who manage to get around in stilettos but I am sure they jump into a cab around the corner rather than walk far in them.

We are walking at least 15km a day and I am wearing comfortable shoes. Next time I might even wear my salomon walking shoes. It really doesn't matter what you wear as long as you are comfortable. There are many roads made from small cobble stones that would be difficult to navigate in high heels.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

What are the top sites to see at the Vatican? Sharon

8. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 05:17