We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most important vatican sites

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
most important vatican sites

What are the top sites to see at the Vatican, we have a half day? Sharon

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: most important vatican sites

The top sites are the ones you most want to see

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most important vatican sites

This is one Place I would take a tour or at the very least an audio guide because the Vatican is huge and the rooms numerous and the exhibits endless. You really need some sort of explanation to understand the importance of some exhibits and to bring it to life.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 04:54
Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most important vatican sites

Vatican Museum and Bascilica tour will take about 4 hours with a guide.

Oscar

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most important vatican sites

St Peter's Square

Inside St Peter's Basilica

The Vatican Museums

But you will have great difficulty seeing them all in such a short time! You might consider going to St Peters Square, looking around it, then making a visit to the Basilica. Its very impressive indeed inside! The Vatican Museums are a big complex, the high point being the Sistine Chapel, but I don't think you have enought time to do them justice.

If you can get hold of a good guide book to Rome, you should read up about it before you go , and decide for yourself what you want to see. Too many highlights, really, to list here. Have fun!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: most important vatican sites

The Vatican Museums are so HUGE... I'd also recommend you go with a guide! If you coose to go on your own, this may help you: http://tinyurl.com/vatican-tips

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most important vatican sites

The Scavi tour under St. Peter's was a definite high point for us, but with only a half day I'd visit St. Peter's Basilica.

7. Re: most important vatican sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2012, 05:29