We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

My friend and I will be visiting Italy for two whole weeks (!!) in mid-June to early July. Our last city to stay will be Rome for two evenings. We would really love to see the Opera at Caracalla in Rome on July 3rd. Are there any of you out there who have been lucky enough to attend one of these? If so, did you find it to be an enjoyable and worthwhile?? I am, however, having trouble getting through to order tickets!! :0(

ANY help would be most appreciated!!

BLF

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

There's no performance on July 3. On July 2, there's a multimedia concert: with images, sound & light and video of Respighi's Roman Trilogy:

…operaroma.it/stagione/…caracalla_2011

Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

Oops! It is on July 2nd, you're right!! Have you seen this show? And, are there any suggestions to getting tickets?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

I attended Aida at Caracalla back in the 70s as a teenager--absolutely amazing. I'd recommend any experience there.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

I attended last season and it was... incredible! The show ended quite late and traffic was a nightmare. Fortunately, we were on our motorino and "scooted" out of there.

Dress is all across the board, but mostly business "casual" or slightly better. Many Italians were in suits. I wore a sport coat with polo shirt and my wife a black dress over the knee. You're sitting on padded folding chairs... and it's OUTSIDE so dress comfortably (it's warm) and plan your exit strategy!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

I too saw Aida back in 1976 and it was absolutely amazing. If you have the opportunity to attend any opera at the Baths of Caracalla, don't hesitate - it's one of my fondest memories of my 1st trip to Europe!

Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

Thanks for all your input! HOW MUCH does a ticket cost? Also, as I get online to order tickets, I see they are not available yet. Does anyone know how far in advance one can order tickets online???

7. Re: Teatro Dell' Opera Di Roma-at Caracalla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 05:28