We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get tickets for Papal Audience

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Hi, We would be in Rome on the 4th week of June and would love to attend the Wednesday Mass at Vatican. I would appreciate suggestions as to how to get ticket to be a Papal Audience. I read that we can get it the day before but I am not sure what our schedule will be like the day before so if possible, we would like to reserve it ahead of time. Thanks alot.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

You can get tickets via the American Church in Rome, Santa Susanna

www.santasusanna.org/popeVatican/tickets.html

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Thanks a lot, chris49.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Santa Suzanna asks that you pick the tickets up the day before. We did that, but didn't make it over to pick up the tickets as planned. The next morning before the Papal Audience we went to the bronze doors just past security for St. Peter's and told the Swiss Guard we had reserved tickets but did not pick them up. He asked how many tickets and brought them to me.

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Hi Feelin-Irie, I was worried that just in case we are not able to pick up ticket the day before we might lose the spot. Thanks for letting me know that there is a still a chance of getting in on wednesday.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
805 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Tickets are available from the Swiss Guards either from the Piazza del S. Uffizio entrance or the entrance with the traffic lights at via Porta Angelica.

The audience is usually outside this time of year, so even if you don't get tickets, you can still watch from the sidelines.

For the best view, turn up at least an hour early, preferably before, to bags a seat next to the barricades - this means you get the best view of the Popemobile as he rides by. Keep hold of your ticket, and you can still leave the Piazza for bathroom breaks, leaving someone to guard your places.

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

Thanks marina999uk. Glad to know we can still keep our seat just in case we need to go for bathroom break.

7. Re: How to get tickets for Papal Audience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:19