We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from FCO Airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Novi Sad
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from FCO Airport

Please I need taxi for 4. How is possible to arrange it by internet and which Taxi can You recommend? I need taxi in September 2011. Some discount for return with same taxi driver/company?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

You can check taxi fares www.worldtaximeter.com/rome

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

Where are you traveling too? There is a fixed rate to and from the airports to the city center. If your hotels is in the city center the rates are 40 euros from FCO and 30 euros from CIA. Other than that you will be on the meter and can pick up a taxi at the airport. Don't take a cab by a driver who approaches you, wait in the line and get a cab from the taxi rank.

Donna

Novi Sad
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

I need to go to IDEA HOTEL ROMA CINECITTA in Via Torre di Mezzavia 25 (00173 Roma). I prefer to solve taxi before flight departure from home. In that reason do You now some online and reliable driver or taxi company. I find www.rome-airport.net and make a simulation for return. I get price for 100eu. Is this too much or not?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

According to a google search for your hotel location, its is 'located closer to Ciampino Airport', "in a shopping mall"(?) and not easily accessible by public transportation.

You could contact www.romecabs.com, which is highly recommended.

Try the search bar above the posts for more info on your hotel/location.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

I would say 100 Euro is very expensive unless you are going with a private limo pickup.

If you go as suggested, just line up for the legitimate taxi. Beware of all the men quietly spruiking outside ARRIVALS who will try to get you into their taxi. Do not trust what they say you will be charged. I have heard they load up the price when you get near the hotel even if they have agreed on a fare.

Oxford, MS
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

Is the taxi fare 40 Euros per person? If not, how many can ride in a cab for 40 euros? We have 3 going for sure, but may have 4 people.

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

check out rome cabs, they give you a quote before you select book it. I did mine online the day before I flew and from FCO to Duke Hotel was 50 euros. The guy was there with a sign with my name just like they said and 50 euros! I just flew in yesterday the 23rd Rome Cabs was great!

Edited: 25 May 2011, 17:11
Oxford, MS
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

Yes, I checked Rome Cabs and they will charge the three of us at least 55 euros which is more than a cab at 40 euros so I was wondering how many people does 40 euros get with the cab? We're trying to save every where we can and if it's 30 euros more going both ways with Roma Cabs we don't want to do that if there is a cheaper alternative. We've already looked into the buses and the L. Express and with luggage we'd rather not go that way. Does anyone know how many fit in a cab for 40 Euros?

Edited: 25 May 2011, 17:25
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

The OP's hotel is not in Rome proper. The 40 Euro fixed official taxi rate from FCO is for a location within Romes walls (as is the 50 Euro).

Using the address given (and www.worldtaximeter.com), the taxi fare would be 77 Euro (not counting traffic/constructions/etc.) http://www.worldtaximeter.com/rome?to=Via+Torre+di+Mezzavia+25%2C+00173+roma&from=FCO&time=12-19&phone_booking=

Oxford, MS
Level Contributor
463 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from FCO Airport

Wait, I checked Roma Shuttle and it was 55 Euros, is Rome Cabs a different company?