We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Roman Walmart?

Memphis, TN USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
A Roman Walmart?

Is there a store in Rome that would be similar/comparable to a WalMart type of store? One that sells a little bit of everything?

Thanks!

Edited: 27 May 2011, 16:18
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,972 reviews
from US$75.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$410.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,819 reviews
from US$123.10*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,609 reviews
from US$57.10*
US$63.40
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Roman Walmart?

There's an AUCHAN branch at Parco Leonardo in Fiumicino, which looks to me as huge as any store I've ever seen (although I've not been in a Walmart). Not sure whether there's a large branch any closer.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,236 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Roman Walmart?

Are there specific things you're after? I'm assuming your not in the market for lawn chairs, diapers, dvds, cheap furniture, etc.

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
39 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Roman Walmart?

Yep, that will be Coop in the huge Euroma2 shopping mall. Just visited it yesterday.

4. Re: A Roman Walmart?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 05:27