We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Airport Connections

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Beware Airport Connections

Our daughter was scammed by Airport Connections in Rome - do not fall victim to this enterprise which must be a front of some sort. The website advertises the comfort of a Mercedes Benz to the airport - they drive Toyotas!! The website states you can pay in cash - the driver stated he could not provide change because he didn't have 5 Euro - 5 Euro!!! The driver didn't know what he was doing - he dropped a twenty year old off at a domestic terminal for an international flight home - and she had to lug two fifty pound suitcases over two more buildings and then board a flight back to the States, sweaty, exhausted and dissappointed. There should be a Better Business Bureau or Chamber fo Commerce or some entity to warn foreign tourists and students to avoid Airport Connections - don't be scammed by this front - use anotehr car service.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,270 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Airport Connections

There is no need to spam the Forums by posting the same message more than once.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,397 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Airport Connections

years ago we nearly missed a plane at FCO because our shuttle driver got lost on the second pick up and didn't much care that he put us over an hour behind -- only my decision to book an hour earlier than recommended let us make the flight and then barely

shuttles and private car services are always riskier than just booking a regular taxi -- or taking the train

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Airport Connections

I'm truly sorry that your daughter had a lousy experience in Rome. TripAdvisor is a wonderful source when it comes to getting information about traveling to specific areas of this world. Perhaps you should get together with 'Zotzot' on the Venice forum...it seems you each got a bum deal. It also seems you both did not use TripAdvisor before your travels...but only joined afterward to gripe about the problems you encountered...after the fact. While I appreciate the 'heads-up'...I also question the source and veracity of the information. Most of the mistakes I make in my travels are of my own doing...I don't call out myself...I don't want to sound stupid...and perhaps whatever it was that went wrong could be chalked up to deja vu. Ahhh...they make great stories though...specially when you embelllish them!

4. Re: Beware Airport Connections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 07:16