We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabs In Rome

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
468 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cabs In Rome

Recently used one of the taxis outside Termini to take us to the Trevi Fountain. The cost was only 5 Euros more than usual but our driver, Luigi, pointed out highlights on the route and provided us with a map of the area and went out of his way to ensure we could identify the fountain. Highly recommended.

Wonder how long this will last.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
468 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cabs In Rome

Thank you for the response, Louise. This is not the first time this subject has reared its ugly head, however, as my link demonstrates, I look forward to a future where all recommendations are taken at face value and DEs perhaps refrain from the sort of postings that do little to follow the guidelines you very eloquently reinforce. We are all contributors here, and all our time is equally valuable, as are the opinions we propound. DEs especially have a responsibility not to pass judgment on the validity of postings as their words naturally carry an authority - even if only in terms of perception - not invested in the postings of we lesser mortals.

Please note that I did report the original post directly to TA via the "Report Inappropriate Content" button.

Edited: 01 June 2011, 06:52
12. Re: Cabs In Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 06:49