We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

After reading the threads on the Rome Forum, I first booked my Scavi tour for my 16 year old son and myself on July 26 at 10:45. Now i would like to book my 2 hour Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel tour in the afternoon... Question: The latest tour appointment that is showing up online is at 14:00 (2pm)...on the same day.... Is that cutting it to close? You need to be at the Vatican tour approx 10 mins before, yes? thank you for any feedback...

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

The Scavi tour is just over an hour, so if you're done by 12:00 that gives you plenty of time to walk over to the Vatican Museum entrance for a 2:00 tour. It only takes about 15 minutes to walk over to the entrance. You'll have time for a nice lunch in there as well.

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

Thank you Feelin Irie. Can anyone suggest a convenient place to have lunch that wouldn't be completely touristy???

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

I don't remember the name, but we walked over to the museum entrance first and then walked a few blocks down a side street and found a good restaurant. There are lots of restaurants over that way.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

Nothing near the vatican is going to be without tourists. Since you'll have some time try going 4-5 blocks from the vatican museums entrance and you'll find some good places to eat. Look for menus in Italian and not in several languages.

donna

5. Re: Help in organizing my day at the Vatican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:15