We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
85 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

I don't know if this app has already been mentioned before, but I thought I would say something since we're leaving Rome today.

My husband downloaded the "Roma Bus" app for his iphone, and it is awesome. You can type in the bus stop or the bus number and it will bring up where the bus currently is or what buses come to that stop. You can see a list of all the stops for the bus, etc. For example, we were waiting for the 87 bus last night and we watched it approach, stop by stop, on the app. Of course you have to have internet service to use it (we rented a mifi from xcom), but it was really helpful.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,039 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

That does sound really helpful. I may have to give in and get an iphone just for the travel apps. If I can figure out how not to get a huge data bill.

Tampa, FL USA
Level Contributor
124 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

Can you tell me more about renting the mifi? How much, for how long, and did you use a lot of data? I've been planning to just get a sim for the iPad and two phones....but maybe that is not the most cost effective plan.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

I downloaded a similar one for my HTC Droid (Incredible 2) and it looks pretty great. I've often ended up taking a cab in Rome when I became tired and couldn't figure out the various bus routes; my bus map was way too difficult to manage..

Tampa, FL USA
Level Contributor
124 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

Nevermind. This would be *great* if we were in one country for awhile, but since we only have a few days and a longer cruise in between then, it just isn't cost effective. Xcom says they only ship to the US and charge for every day you have the device.

Thanks for the app tip, though!

Edited: 13 June 2011, 18:48
5. Re: Roma Bus - A GREAT Iphone App we used!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 06:16