We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south jersey
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

We will be finishing up at the Colosseum after our 1:00 underground tour and heading to the Borghese Galleria for a 5:00 reservation. Is it walkable? Is there a bus that runs that route? Do I hail a cab? How much would a cab ride be? Sorry for so many questions, but I can't get a feel for the distance by looking at the map. Thank you for your help

Meg

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

It's very walkable and it's about a 2 mile walk. You could stop by the Piazza Repubblica, the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli, and/or the Cappuccin Crypt, if you'd like.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

it would take about 40 minutes, but if you stop and admire things, it could easily turn into a 2 hr walk!! you could take the #3 bus, headed towards piazza thorwaldsen. this bus route takes the long way there, around behind stazione termini, so it might take 20-40 minutes depending on traffic.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

I would guess that a taxi might be around 15 euros or less. I took a cab from St. John Lateran to a hotel in the general area of the Borghese and I think that was about what it was or maybe less.Part of it depends on traffic.This was several years ago though. After touring all day, I probably wouldn't walk, but that is a personal choice and depends on how bad your feet hurt. I would leavethe choice open and see how you feel.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

I love this walk and have done it several times. There are a few different routes you can take that will take you past different sites or churches. If you have the time and the energy I would do the walk and take a cab back to the hotel.

Donna

south jersey
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

thanks... I am pleased that it is walkable. I am hoping that we feel up for the walk to see as much as we can.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

My concern is that you will have already done a lot of walking and will be tired, but that depends on your stamina

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,384 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

If you want to sights see along the way, then walking could be OK.

If you want to get from point a to point B, take the Metro from Colosseo to Termini (direction of Rebibia) and then get off there and take bus 910 fron Termini to near Borghese Gallery

bus 910 route

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

looks like you get off bus 910 at Via Isonzo

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Edited: 28 June 2011, 05:21
Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

It would be a great walk if you aren't too tired.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

Some of my fondest memories of my first trip to Rome were the walks I took through little streets or past magnificent monuments.

I'll be doing the same journey but in reverse - Borghese to Vatican, and I'm very much looking forward to the walk.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,648 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is walking from Colosseum to Borghese Gallery a do or don't

Either of these web sites is useful for planning walking routes:

maps.google.com

www.viamichelin.com

Both have pedestrian options. They both tell you the distance and give a time estimate. The Google version lets you see a street level view along the route.