We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick Up Service

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Pick Up Service

My parents arrive in Rome next month and I wanted to arrange a pick up service at the airport to take them to their apartment. I had made enquiries with rental in romes pick up service but have since received bad feedback. Could anyone who has used this service let me know if its ok, or recommend another. I have used the company many times to rent apartments with no problems.

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick Up Service

Used Rome Cabs early June for pick up from airport to hotel and also for return to airport (at 3:30a.m.) and was very pleased.

Rates are reasonable. Driver was at airport when we arrived, and driver for the return trip was at hotel several minutes prior to time scheduled. Definitely would recomment this service.

USA
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick Up Service

Used Rome Cabs early June for pick up from airport to hotel and also for return to airport (at 3:30a.m.) and was very pleased.

Rates are reasonable. Driver was at airport when we arrived, and driver for the return trip was at hotel several minutes prior to time scheduled. Definitely would recomment this service.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick Up Service

And their web site is www.romecabs.com

UK
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick Up Service

In the past we have used Rome Cabs from FCO without any problems but our experience this month with a lady driver from the same firm was very different . She didn't speak a word of English and admitted she hadn't been to our hotel on the Aventine hill before. As she had no GPS she constantly referred to a map and then continued to circle the immediate area around our hotel for 10/15 minutes whilst she tried to negotiate the one way streets. We wish we had used our own GPS which was in our luggage. By contrast over the next three days we didn't have any porblems taking various taxis from the centre of the city - the drivers just glanced at the address and drove straight there.

Maybe we were just unlicky - next time we will be better prepared.

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick Up Service

I hope you dropped a note to Stefano and let him know of your experience. He is training new drivers and sometimes contracts with other English speaking drivers when he has a lot of commitments, like cruise ship day. He wants to know when something needs improving.

TAB

UK
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick Up Service

Thank you TAB - will do.

7. Re: Pick Up Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 14:15