We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican at night or during the day?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Vatican at night or during the day?

I have tickets for the Necropolis under the Vatican and am very excited. My question is do I then go on to visit the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel St Peters Basilica on the same day or come back and do the Vatican at Night the next day?

Also if I come to the Night time tour and entry to St Peters Basilica closes at 7pm, am I able to visit St Peters Basilica before the night tour or would it be better to do it after the Necropolis tour and how much would it be for entry to the Bascilica?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vatican at night or during the day?

From the Necropolis tour, you can enter St. Peter's Basilica directly and without going through the security line. Go to the basilica then; it's free.

As for night or day at the Vatican Museums, it's your choice. They may be somewhat less crowded at night.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vatican at night or during the day?

thank you Zelina!

The reason I fancy the visit at night is that I have been a few times before during the day but this year will be visiting with my boyfriend so thought it might be nicer to see at night for a change.

This forum is so handy for getting expert advice from fellow travellers, I really appreciate all your feedback

3. Re: Vatican at night or during the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 07:17