We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ages in pubs etc

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
651 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
ages in pubs etc

my daughter is 15 she wont be drinking alcohol but my question is , is there a certain time when under 18s have to out of pubs in rome ( here in the Rep of ireland its 10pm)thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ages in pubs etc

No. Those under 18 cannot be served alcohol, but there is no law that they must be out of establishments that serve alcohol by a certain time.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
651 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ages in pubs etc

thanks zerlina..thsts great

rome
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ages in pubs etc

drinking age is still 16 in Rome.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ages in pubs etc

Maybe Lynn was right after all?

But try reply #5 here....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187780-i567-k47…

.... or perhaps my response to your other thread!

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ages in pubs etc

I'm sure I saw - fairly recently - one of the Rome residents writing that some of the pub-crawl bars were voluntarily imposing a higher age limit (18, 19, 20, 21...?), but can I find it now?

Of course not!

But then nor do I remember whether it covered admission - or was only for buying and/or consuming?

Peter

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ages in pubs etc

I doubt it Brit. Maybe tho they finally understood they have to respect the law or the authorities are controlling more tightly?

It was funny in Dublin having a 16 year old along to find out we could eat and/or sit in Pubs (without him drinking) every night but ... on Fri-Sut. evenings after 6 pm. we could not do so. I remember being run after by a door guard saying in Italian/Spanish: Senora, the bambino pequeno can't go in! my niece (25) and I went in without realizing my son (18 but looking 16) and his friend (16 looking 14) were stopped out by the guard. What a good mother I am. PS: to tell the truth once we were seated the never denied him a beer, so as we say "tutto il mondo è paese".

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ages in pubs etc

oooppss, Waterville, I didn't see you said 10 pm. I was there in 2005 and 2007. Was I told right it's 6 pm on weekends?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ages in pubs etc

stettola, sorry - which law did you mean by... "Maybe tho they finally understood they have to respect the law or the authorities are controlling more tightly?" ?

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ages in pubs etc

Pleased to say I've now found the comment I'd had in mind - reply number 4, here - from PrestoTours.....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k467…

Peter

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ages in pubs etc

Brit, I know from experience that they serve also younger than 16.

Se non è una legge, è un regolamento? Boh.