We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pizza in Rome

Jakarta
9 posts
Save Topic
best pizza in Rome

Hello,

i've been reading lots of review, comments from people lately about pizza in Rome and still couldnt decide which one is the best and decent one!... i need some more input :) thanks! a lot

Regards,

Stephanie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,924 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best pizza in Rome

There is no one pizza that is best. Everyone has their faves. You might try a few of the places that have gotten raves on the many threads here about the "best" Rome pizza.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best pizza in Rome

The average quality of pizza in all Rome is high. Just avoid the places which offer plenty of junks and go to a pizzeria where just, or mainly, pizza is served. Instead of looking for the ideal place (which might be at 10 km from your hotel), simply go to a pizzeria relatively easy to reach basing on the reviews you read.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best pizza in Rome

Perhaps the first question to answer is which sort of pizza you like - Rome's, Neapolitan, American of one type or another...

We've a friend from Chicago who continually whines about the pizzas here being too thin - but he has yet to visit Rome!

You'll not necessarily find all of them in the city, but there's a fair range of difference in those you will.... and that's before we get to toppings etc!

Peter

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best pizza in Rome

Our favourite is Pizzeria al Leoncino on via del Leoncino - thin crust, a good range of toppings, great value.

Popular with the locals so usually a long queue to get a table. Best advice is to get there at opening time to secure a table.

Buon apetito!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best pizza in Rome

O Pazzariello has superb Neapolitan style pizza and is located at

Via Banco di Santo Spirito, 19, Rome.

Havertown...
Level Contributor
881 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best pizza in Rome

Typically considered the "best" (always subjective of course) is Pizzeria Ai Marmi off the main strip in Trastavere:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/361874

Still kicking myself for not giving it a whirl during my last trip!

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: best pizza in Rome

Most of the pizza will not be anything like American pizza. The crust is generally much thinner and the toppings are not the same. You may be disappointed if you are expecting it to be similar to what you get at home.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best pizza in Rome

I have just ventured into the Rome forum today for the first time , since we're starting to think about our upcoming trip in October.

I would just like to commend you all on your restraint in answering this question. If someone asked such a broad question on the New York City forum, they would get absolutely no mercy from the DEs or the regulars. They take no prisoners on the NYC forum; you folks are a lot nicer here.

I have taken note of the places mentioned. I love thin crust pizza and can't wait to try it in Rome. :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best pizza in Rome

Our last visit to Rome, we were in a restruant along La Nationale and I was saying that I wasn't going to come to Italy and eat pizza. My husband had ordered a prosciutto pizza and I ordered some type of pasta. Our food came and mine was good. Then my husband asked me if I wanted to try his pizza...OMG..I ate it all..it was the best pizza I have ever eaten. We went from Rome to Switzerland then down to Venice and Florence and back to Rome. I couldn't wait to get back to Rome so I could go to that same restruant for more pizza!! And you can bet that in October I will go back again for more pizza!!

Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best pizza in Rome

We'll be staying at the Romanico Palace Hotel (Via Boncompagni, 37), and we're looking for suggestions for the best Neapolitan pizza within walking distance (15 minutes or less one way).

Thanks for any help.

Cheers