We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

We will be in Rome Sept 13-17. Is it too late to try and book the Scavi tour?

TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
City Wonders
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, City Tours
Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Maryland
Level Contributor
435 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

You should still try but it might be too late. It was for me. Give them all the dates you could possibly go and maybe one isn't full yet.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

It never hurts to try, but it's very late to request those dates.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

Hi asmith123,

I just booked our trip for early November. I have heard you have a better chance if when you email you give them a range of days on which you can attend. They will pick and send you a time and then you confirm by sending payment info.

The email is scavi@fsp.va, I would email as soon as possible. It took them one day to respond but probably due to the time difference. Good luck!

Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

I looked and with everything we booked the only day we could really go would be Sept 15th. I sent a request and am keeping my fingers crossed! We shall see. Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

I just received an email today for a tour on the 29 Aug. I sent the email request to them 3 days ago. Definitely try..you never know.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

You might need to prioritize what it is you wish to see. If the scavi tour is very important to you you may want to include as many dates as possible and if given a tour on a date where you have something else booked just cancel or rebook that tour for a different date. The scavi tour is hard to get and if you only give them one date you really limit yourself to getting the tour. Other tours and entries are easier to book so I would consider changing other things in order to fit in the scavi tour if it's something you're really interested in. Something else to consider is everyone on the tour must be 15 or older so if traveling with children you'll have to pass on this tour.

Donna

Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

Just my opinion, but that was the only thing in 3 days in Rome that I was disappointed in. I don't get the hype....

Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

I am unable to cancel the other things we have already booked. They are already payed for and state no cancellations so the 15th of Sept is the only day we could do it. We will see, I won't be crushed if it doesn't work out but it would be great if it does!

Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

We heard back and they are fully booked on September 15th, bummer. I sent another request asking about September 13th. If they are booked then too, I guess we will do this tour next time we are in Rome! Gives us something to come back for and look forward to : )

Ohio
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scavi Tour-Too late to book?

We got in!!!!!!! They said they were booked but then we just got another email with an acceptance! I am super excited and just sent them our payment info. I am so glad it all worked out. They must have had a last minute opening since they told us no previously.