We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Rental - Monti Quarter or Sistine Chapel/Vatican??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort William...
Level Contributor
178 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment Rental - Monti Quarter or Sistine Chapel/Vatican??

Which would be the best location for us in Rome? We are 2 families of 4 with 4 children between us and have 2 days in Rome, pre-cruise. I have managed to find a couple of reasonably priced apartments, but am not sure about location...

We are wanting to travel to the Port from the Termini so we were initially looking for accommodation near there but couldn't find anything in our price range that was available for only 2 nights.

Any help gratefully received!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment Rental - Monti Quarter or Sistine Chapel/Vatican??

Unless Vatican City was the focus of my time in Rome I'd prefer Monti for it's proximity to historical sites and Termini. Have you wandered the area on google maps street view? That can help you get a sense of the areas and whether or not they appeal to you. It can also be a way to see what restaurants and shops are nearby.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 12:59
Fort William...
Level Contributor
178 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment Rental - Monti Quarter or Sistine Chapel/Vatican??

Thanks for that! No - I will go and have a look on Google maps - it has been so time consuming just finding an apartment that is available that looking at their location has only really happened now!

THANK YOU :)

3. Re: Apartment Rental - Monti Quarter or Sistine Chapel/Vatican??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 15:16