We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Hi,

I have tried for the last month, persistently, to get through to the number posted throughout this site, to obtain tickets for the underground tour, WITH NO AVAIL!!!

Can anyone suggest me trying anything else to get ahold of these tickets??

I'd hate to have this chance to be in Rome and miss out on this unbelievable opportunity.

Please help me :(

Thanks in advance,

andrea

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

have you tried online booking? what dates are you looking to go?

I managed to book mine through the website but it is selling out fast

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,793 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Calling, skypeing and booking online are the only ways I know how to book this tour.

Are they not answering? Perhaps you are calling at the wrong time. They are 6 hours ahead of the east coast. Are they not booking for your dates yet? They have been booking only a few weeks ahead of time for the last two months. Are you getting a busy signal? Perhaps your just calling during peak hours?

I just tried their website. You can book the underground tour for later this month but I don't see anything for October yet. Again, it may be because you're trying to book too early. There is some suggestion that they are doing it this way because of the weather. If it's too rainy they may end the tours for the safety of the public and also the ruins.

Donna

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

From what I understand, there aren't any underground tours past September so you may be wasting your time. If you are really bothered, go through tickitaly.com. Its easy and you don't have to call anyone. There is a markup however.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

According to the people who actually own the Colosseum and operate the tours, there *are* tours (Visite guidate nei sotterranei) in October:

archeoroma.beniculturali.it/calendar/2011-10

No one knows why the October tours have not yet turned up at www.omniticket.it/.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

I have called only during opening times, pressing 0, then 3. I can understand some italian and I know these are the correct selections. I sometimes am put on hold, then disconnected, and other times it just says "cento dicotto (or trentetre, some #)" and disconnects. ?

As for booking online, the option for booking the Underground tour does not come up for the dates I enter (for the "pick up at site" selection).

I've also read that it'll be open until end of Oct 2011, but it's impossible to book right now (we leave in less than 2 weeks, so I'm just getting antsy at this point).

I think all I can do is keep trying until we leave.

More suggestions are very welcomed, if anyone has any.

Thanks again :)

andrea

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Hi

I phoned this morning asking for tickets for the underground and 3rd tier after emailing and receiving and email back instructing me to ring there booking office. I managed to speak to a lady who spoke English and each stage I had to wait for the English instructions. I asked for the 10th October, she said to wait until the 29th September and then ring back to buy the tickets, she was very helpful and polite and I got the impression that tickets would be on sale for October on that date.

Good Luck

PD

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

PLYMDEV,

I'm happy you had some luck in getting through to someone. At what time did you call (please include time zone)?

Thanks, your help is extremely appreciated.

andrea

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Hi Andrea

I rang yesterday morning (Saturday) our time was 9:30 and time in Italy was an hour later 10:30.

I did also email them beforehand and had a quick reply.

Regards

PD

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Thanks PD.

I had sent them an email as well, but I think they haven't had a chance to reply over the weekend.

I'll try calling at the time you tried, and maybe my luck will turn around!

Thank you for your help!

andrea

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CANNOT get through to book Colosseum Underground tix! HELP!!

Hi Andrea

I expect they will answer your email tomorrow sometime but I am not sure of you time difference but if you can ring sometime tomorrow, but like I said the tickets are not on sale until the end of September. We will be in Formia on the 29th September so hopefully the B&B we are staying at will help us book our tickets.

Once again Good Luck.

PD