We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Tour Rome

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Tour Rome

We did a 4.5 hour guided "Panoramic" tour of Rome by bike with a company called "Top Bike Rentals". I used to ride a bike but have not done so for some years and had no trouble keeping up. This was a great way to see Rome from a different angle (having already done walking tours). Travelling by bike means you can cover a lot more ground. We had a great guide called Emanuelle, but all the staff there seemed good. He took us to some amazing spots. And gave a very entertaining series of mini lectures on the city and its architecture, about both of which he was very knowledgable and passionate. Ride 5 - 10 mins, stop and talk 5 - 10 mins. He was good at noticing when we had tuned out of the lectures. It is a good buzz cruising through streets and lanes like you are a local. I felt very safe throughout. Definitely recommended.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Tour Rome

Good for you!

Surprising how often one reads on the Forum that such a thing either doesn't exist - or would be impossibly risky?

Peter

rome
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Tour Rome

impossibly? no, but surely very risky. a tourist, unfamiliar with the sights & streets, riding in the traffic of Rome, which is rather careless. What should he look out for? the sights, the cars, the pedestrians....? I am glad the OP enjoyed his tour, but I really do not find it surprising to see fair warnings on the forum.

3. Re: Bike Tour Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:17