We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in Rome

new jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry in Rome

Is it possible to do laundry while visiting Rome. We will be going on a cruise after a week there, but we do not want to carry alot of baggage.

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,067 reviews
from US$76.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$415.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,852 reviews
from US$124.50*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,649 reviews
from US$57.70*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry in Rome

Of course it is. It is a real city after all.

If you are staying at a hotel they should be able to tell you where the nearest one is or you could say where you are staying and someone here may tell you where the closest one is to you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry in Rome

Laundromats are few and far between in Rome because most people have washing machines. Maybe your hotel has a laundry service or you can rent an apartment with a machine.

Where are you staying? I know of a laundromat in trastevere, but that may not be near you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry in Rome

There is a drop off laundry on the Campo dei Fiori, on the side furthest from the river, I guess that would be the north side You drop it off and pick it up dry and folded.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry in Rome

Yes - I dropped off laundry just last week in the Vatican area, a block from the Ottaviano Metro stop........came back in 1.5 hours and all ready !

Laundry service if very common in most big Italian cities. I did it in both Rome and Siena the last few weeks.

Ask your hotel .... or search the web for your specific area

IMB

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry in Rome

Don't wait till the last day, we have alwas found out you get it the next day, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Starke, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry in Rome

Just don't let the hotel do it....I emailed our hotel about their laundry service rates and I was shocked.....eight euros for one shirt is just outrageous!

Starke, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry in Rome

Just don't let the hotel do it....I emailed our hotel about their laundry service rates and I was shocked.....eight euros for one shirt is just outrageous!

8. Re: Laundry in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 02:17