We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Just got back from 2 days in Rome, we visited this little known archaeological site under the Palazzo Valentini, it was a fantastic experience and well worth the 6 euro admission fee

www.palazzovalentini.it/scavi.php?lang=eng

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Interesting, isn't it?

And good to see that the English tour, at 13:15, is now back on the booking site - although through them the tickets do carry an extra €1.50 surcharge!

Peter

PS... new perhaps, and possibly of interest to some: one in French at 11:45, and one in Spanish, at 14:00...

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Excellent Peter, a hidden gem

We just turned up at 1pm without a booking, I did notice prior to my trip the booking site was a little complicated, so we took the chance to arrive "on speck" But I suppose as it gets more popular online booking would be advisable.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Thank you for your post! I will be in Rome for 6 days in December, and I will definitely check it out. Did you book in advance or just show up?

United States
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Great to know. It's on the list for next week.

TAB

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

JB, glad you enjoyed, fantastic isn't it?? What a whirlwind trip you had, I've just read your trip report. I can't believe you did so much!

lincoln
Level Contributor
636 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

I had tried before to book online but could not get the website to work so thanks for posting this, inspired me to try again. After creating an account with ticket one it was easy to follow the instructions and book the english speaking tour for 27th.

Cypress, TX
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

How much time should we allow to do this? Also, are there any stairs or anything that would be hard for my 78 year old father to navigate?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Swimmer, hi!

For answers to those questions, a bit more information and a few visitors' opinions, try this from around the same time last year...

tripadvisor.co.uk/…29143375

Peter

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

The Palazzo Valentini's own Web site mentions free admission for "differently-abled citizens" - I'm not sure who is included among "citizens" - so it's presumably accessible to people with mobility issues.

www.palazzovalentini.it/info.php?lang=eng

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Domus Romane, Well Worth a Visit

Swimmer

The tour lasted about 1hr 15mins, We were there 15 mins before.

Regarding your father, my mum is 74 with bad knees and I remember thinking mum would not manage this, but like Zerlina says they do cater for mobility issues.

But the glass floors and glass steps over original steps play tricks on the mind, I would imagine vertigo sufferers ( like my mum too ) would have a problem, I had to step very carefully it was a weird feeling