We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican tours

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vatican tours

We will be visiting Rome for four days in october and would like to take a Vatican tour. What is the best way to arrange this?

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
80 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vatican tours

Read my review of Avventure (that is 2 'v's) Bellissime. They are on the web.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vatican tours

i am just home from a fantastic trip to Rome where we went on 2 Vatican tours, the Necropolis underground and the Vatican Under the Stars tour. Both tours I booked directly on the Vaticans website where you can pre-book tickets to save you having to stand in a really long queue, or you can book actual guided tours.

The prices booking your tours this way are much cheaper than using private tour companies and the guides are afiliated with the Vatican so you know that the information they give you is 100% genuine, and I always feel booking directly the money goes towards the upkeep of these places.

However you decide to do it have an amazing time in Rome and enjoy!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,807 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vatican tours

I would book any tours of the Vatican directly through them. You can also book entry tickets if you decide to go without a tour.

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

Donna

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vatican tours

Warning - the museum tours can be overcrowded and frustrating (mine was) and once they take you into the basilica you can't go back into the museum (which, in my opinion, is a rip off). There were 44 people in our "art and culture" tour group and by the time you caught up with the tour guide through the crowds, she was already walking toward her next location. Wanted to scream.

5. Re: Vatican tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 03:17