We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Bars in Rome

Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Bars in Rome

Do you have any reccomendations for wine bars in rome ??

Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

La Vineria in Campo De` Fiori.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

Il Brillo Parlante was highly recommend to me by my son and his friends which included a couple of Italians - but not Romans. It's on Via della Fontanella - just south of Piazza del Popolo.

My main reason for going there was for the delicious food rather than just for the wine (equally delicious). The menu is not really that extensive, but the food itself is good and beautifully presented. I went twice and my main regret was that I didn't have the cheese platter which looked very tempting.

We ate inside in the "cellar" and it had a marvellous atmosphere and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I think it's quite different from La Vineria - but it's worth a thought.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

I too like il Brillo Parlante, nice wines, good food, and it's location is wonderful.

I also like L'Angelo Da Vino which is just off Campo dei Fiori and a very low key, almost exclusively locals place. I only found it as part of a Context Travel Wine Bar walking tour a few years ago. I've revisited since and it's still great. If you ask them to fix you a plate of meats and cheeses to go with your wine you will just about have a meal.

Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

thanks for the answers!!

actually I'm more interested in simple/cozy wine bars, with a selection of wines by the glass and maybe some simple dishes like chesse and meet to pair with , rather than expensive wine restaurants for a propper dinner. I am more intersted about the wine and the enviroment!

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

I enjoyed Mimi and Coco's on Via Del Governo Vecchio,i think it is simple with some good food choices and it is certainly not the proper dinner type place either.

rome
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

decryal, then your best bet is Il Goccetto on Via Dei Banchi Vecchi 14

NC
Level Contributor
269 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

I was recently in Rome for 2 weeks and twice went to 313 Cavour (that's the name and the address on Via Cavour). It fits your description very well. Excellent wines, cozy atmosphere, great selection of cheeses, meats and other accompanying type food, plus the service is first rate.

Here's a picture I took of one very nice food selection:

http://i.imgur.com/LVWgMh.jpg

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

You may also like the Enoteca Spiriti - on Via Sant'Eustachio, only the shortest of walks from the Pantheon - which has half a dozen tables outside.

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/122157219

We stumbled across it not long after the new management had taken over, and they easily passed our "would you go back again?" test - so we have!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187791-…

Peter

Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

thanks!

10. Re: Wine Bars in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2012, 05:17