We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome taxi ride

wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Rome taxi ride

Hi-

What can I expect as the fare from the airport to the ancient rome section of town? How long of a cab ride is it? Is there a better way to get to that part of town? We will be jet lagged.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome taxi ride

If you get an honest taxi driver expect to spend 40-45 euro. You could land up with a con artist that drives you all over town or charge you a higher rate than allwed. Arrange a car ahead of time to eliminate this headache. The message boards have many recommended drivers or ask your hotel to take of transportation for you.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome taxi ride

Hi,

We have arranged our airport transfer 35 euro each way for 4 adults.For the price i do not think its worth the hassle doing it on our own.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome taxi ride

Contact Stephano at RomeCabs allagrande@hotmail.it

He will quote you about 40 Euros from the airport to your hotel for up to 4 people. He has nice Mercedes vehicles, is very dependable, and often gives a driveby, whirlwind tour of the major sites on the way to the hotel. We've used him several times and have always been pleased.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome taxi ride

My husband and I are also using Stephano from RomeCabs. His prompt response to my numerous e-mails has been very encouraging. I found him through this forum. It was nice to have our arrangements confirmed by him quickly. Now on to the next item on the list! Have a great time.

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome taxi ride

I too have made a transfer reservation with Rome Cabs for this month, prompt reply and prompt confirmation. Very pleased so far.

Iota
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome taxi ride

Stefano seems to be the 'guy". We are booked with him for a day trip during our stay in Rome. Found him awhile back through this forum!! I am impressed with his willingness to help and prompt reply. Will use for transfers also. Thanks to all for info. Made my planning much easier.