We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will my flight get canceled? There is a 24 Hour Air Strike.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Will my flight get canceled? There is a 24 Hour Air Strike.

This is based on the information here for November 17, 2011.

http://www.mit.gov.it/mit/site.php?p=scioperi

commissionegaranziasciopero.it/scioperoListN…

Looks like it's set to "Immediate indication". I dunno what that means. Does that mean it could possibly be canceled?

I'm flying into Rome that day. I have a connecting flight there...do you think I'll get stranded over there?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,092 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$412.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,855 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,653 reviews
from US$57.40*
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will my flight get canceled? There is a 24 Hour Air Strike.

Usually flights from overseas don't get cancelled because of a strike in Italy. However, I think only your airline can tell you for sure.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will my flight get canceled? There is a 24 Hour Air Strike.

You should check your airlines' website and your emails every day or even a few times a day to find the latest alerts pertaining to your flights. I learned that the hard way when I got stuck in Paris for an additional 5 days in 2010 due to the volcano in Iceland, and didn't know it until the night before. I was set on having a vacation away from the computer, now I carry a computer with me.

I

t is also good to have a plan in place should you get stuck, including having a carry on bag with your absolute essential items at a minimum and at least one full change of clothing.

3. Re: Will my flight get canceled? There is a 24 Hour Air Strike.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 10:19