We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delightful shopping experience!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Delightful shopping experience!

While in Rome in September my wife and I happened upon a store named “le Artigiane”. Located at Via di Torre Argentina 72. (minutes from the Pantheon) This street runs from the Pantheon to Travestere. More than thirty artisans that come from different parts of Italy display their ‘handcrafted’ products including mens & womens clothing, womens hats, various handmade jewelry & necklaces, accessories, leather goods, lamps, plates, coffee cups, and many other beautiful objects de art. Best of all the artisans that created and produced the merchandise were there explaining each product. The necklaces (15 to 75 Euros) were gorgeous and we purchased more than a few for gifts for friends. (Three different artisans were actually making their jewelry & necklaces at their display stations) My wife admired and purchased a lovely, unique, and very Italian (?) blouse...she asked what the cost would be, and she thought the designer said 250 Euros! “250 Euros? No no...50 Euros!” She tried it on and it was slightly to big around the neck. “Let me sew it up so it will fit you.” And ten minutes later the blouse fit perfectly! And the designer gave her a very nice handmade necklace fashioned out of twisted and lacquered gold paper and silver thread...which she loves to wear. So if you tire of wandering into tourist shop after tourist shop in the Centro Storico...or perhaps are looking to do a little Holiday shopping...or you just want to get out of the weather for a moment, stop in this shop/store/boutique. Enjoy! And also forgive me, because I know this could be construed as a 'review' and should not be in this section. I could not find a place to review a store...and I think this particular store needs a little love...:-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delightful shopping experience!

Oh, and here is their web address: http://www.leartigiane.it/en

2. Re: Delightful shopping experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:16