We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome pass increase in price

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rome pass increase in price

As of today, the Rome pass is now 30 euros. Still worth it? I was wanting it to skip the lines but maybe a combined forum/colosseum/Hill pass would be just as well. Also not sure how much I will be utilizing bus/metro travel. Any thoughts?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome pass increase in price

Thanks for that bad news - although to some it was more or less inevitable!

For doubting Thomases, the €30 price only appears on the website once you get to the purchase stage...

www.romapass.it/acquista.aspx?t=acquisto

Harder now to make a financial justification for buying one, but the cost of other things may well be following its upwards move - although ATAC seem to be delaying their public transport increase until June?

There are other benefits, but only you can tell if they're of any value to you...

Peter

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome pass increase in price

Shame. I'd just worked out that it might be worth my while for my trip next month.

I guess a lot depends on whether the admission prices go up too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,497 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome pass increase in price

we didn't save money at 25 Euro -- unless they have changed the way it works e.g. to have more free admissions, I wouldn' tbother -- there are ways to avoid the long lines at the Colosseum (e.g. buy your ticket at the Palatine) and there were no other advantages I could see.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome pass increase in price

Considering that in March 2010 you could not even pick up your Roma Pass at the Colosseum anymore, the increased price seems to make not as convenient or cost effective.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,935 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome pass increase in price

I think in many cases it was already not worth, I suppose that also last times many people bought it because "they had to" and used it for things which separately would have costed less than the Roma Pass. Otherwise I can't explain so frequent questions like "what to do with the RomaPass?" instead of the much more logical "is the RomaPass worth for my plan?" Of course, if lots of people buy something, the price is very likely to increase.

And I'd like so much that more people planned one's own plan basing on one's own interests, instead of doing compulsorily what most people do and what is mostly heard. One can have an amazing experience of Rome without making one queue and without putting a foot into the Colosseum, the Forum or the "Hill" (actually, there are seven and more).

Edited: 01 January 2012, 21:49
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome pass increase in price

Now that they're back at work (presumably), the new price is also showing on the opening page of the RomaPass website:

http://www.romapass.it/?l=en

At present however there's still only the old 2011 price list for individual museums etc...

romapass.it/doc/sitiAderentiCostoBiglietti_e…

No telling if or when any of those may change - although it's worth noting perhaps that the cost of the Pass didn't increase this time last year, when the city's Comune added a €1charge for non-residents at sites which they themselves operate, as part of their scheme for taxing visitors....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/131960814

.... so some at least may not be due to rise for a while yet?

Peter

Edited: 02 January 2012, 11:08
7. Re: Rome pass increase in price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 10:19