We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with scavi payment

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
help with scavi payment

I have confirmed ti kets for the tour but am having problems trying to make a payment. I can't open any links that they've sent for payment and I don't even think they've sent it as all the links are for the Vatican info.

Does anyone have any advice, I've emailed them but I don't think that the emails go to a 'real' person.

Thank you, any help appreciated as I don't want to miss out on this wonderful tour.

Seattle
Level Contributor
609 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with scavi payment

When we visited a few years ago, I had to fax them my credit card info. There were instructions on how to make payment in the email confirming our tickets. We could either fax the info or email it. You might check your email from them again to see what instructions they give for payment. We had only a certain number of days to make payment otherwise the tickets were cancelled. Hope that helps some.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,771 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with scavi payment

The emails do go to a real person but there are only two working in the office. You can email or fax them your information for payment. This should all be included with the confirmation of the tour you received.

Donna

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with scavi payment

Are you using the right email address?

This was the email confirmation sent to me for last Oct. (personal info xxed out, substitute your own)

<<CONFIRMATION PROCESS

This reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of your payment in full. It

must be confirmed within 30 days of (your initial confirmation date). There are absolutely no refunds.

Methods of payment

- a) Credit card: only Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Include the

reference number for your visit (xxxx) and send your credit card numbers and expiration date to us via fax, by telephone, or through E-Mail at: scavi@fsp.va (Indicating in the ‘Subject’ line: CONFIRM participants # -(reference number, date/time).

TAB

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with scavi payment

I just faxed payment information to them yesterday. Maybe because our tour is next month, our message indicated that the payment needed to be made within three days of our receiving their initial confirmation (not within 30 days). After faxing the payment information, I received an emailed receipt from them within 10 minutes. There was a lot of text to sift through in their initial message, but it did list two email addresses including the scavi@fsp.va address that TABarrett notes above, as well as uff.scavi@fabricsp.va. Good luck!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with scavi payment

i've emailed again and hope it goes through, thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help with scavi payment

There are no links for payment. Emailing the Scavi Office is not going to get you links for payment.

Fax or email your credit-card information to the Scavi Office as instructed.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with scavi payment

We did this tour in November and had to fax to the payment information to them. Within a day I recieved the tickets via email for our tour. Sending credit card info via email is not secure, which is why I choose the fax method, but there were only 2 choices, not ability to enter via a website. We only had 10 days to confirm, here is a copy of our email about the process:

CONFIRMATION PROCESS

This reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of your payment in full. It must be confirmed within 10 days of 23 August 2011. There are absolutely no refunds.

Methods of payment

- a) with Credit card,only Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

Include the reference number 178957 and send your credit card numbers and expiration date to us by fax, by telephone, or through E-Mail (Indicating in the ‘Subject’ line: CONFIRM participants 2 - 178957 November 17, 11:00am).

In few days, the Excavations Office will send a Receipt confirming both the completed transaction and your visit. We ask you to send us a message if you do not receive this Receipt within two days, as this Receipt is what will permit you to enter the Vatican to reach the Excavations Office.

Fax 0039 06 698 73017

Hope this helps, it is a great tour and we greatly enjoyed.

Susan

London, England
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with scavi payment

I wouldn't put my CC details on an email. I would prefer to call them and give my details over the phone.

Do they not accept Paypal, which is a more secure way to pay?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with scavi payment

I emailed with all our details and received my confirmation yesterday. I have no problems sending through cc details, have never been caught out yet.

Our bank and cc company ring us if there are any O/S transactions on our accounts if they have not been notified that we are spending overseas. The security measures are excellent.

10. Re: help with scavi payment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 10:20