We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From FCO to Positano

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
From FCO to Positano

Is it possible to travel from Rome FCO directly to Positano by public transport??

I would like to avoid going into the city of Rome and travel directly from the airport after landing. I would think that a taxi would be too expensive.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From FCO to Positano

There is no direct public transport from FCO to Positano. Indeed, there is no quick and easy way by public transport.

It is almost 300 km from FCO to Positano. You would have difficulty in finding a taxi willing to travel this distance, and I would think it would cost at least €600.

At the train station at FCO, you can buy a ticket from there to Naples. You have to take the Leonardo Express from FCO to Rome Termini (the main station), where you change for a train to Naples. From there, a car service can take you to Positano for around €100. Or you can take a suburban train from the Naples station basement to Sorrento, and a bus from there to Positano.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From FCO to Positano

I suspected that it wouldn't be possible to go directly from the airport but was hoping that I may have missed some information. Some food for thought re the travel and thanks for the reply.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From FCO to Positano

Hi Lily

Have a look at flights from Rome to Naples Allitalia fly the route in about an hour for around 60 euro. all depends on when you land at Fiumicino. A private car from Naple to Positano would then be about 100 euro. When are you going ! :-)

Edited: 06 January 2012, 10:30
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From FCO to Positano

If you can find a suitable FCO-Naples flight, a bus runs from Naples airport to Sorrento, where you could change to another bus to Positano. For flights, look on www.skyscanner.net

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From FCO to Positano

I found that a flight is the best option with a private transfer from Naples to Positano, thanks for the replies and helpful advice.

Hi Julie, we're going 16/9....Positano, Croatia, Montenegro and Turkey...can't wait.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From FCO to Positano

Sounds wonderful Lily, Croatia and Turkey (Istanbul) are on my bucket list ! Have a wonderful time, hope to speak soon x

7. Re: From FCO to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 10:19