We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Italy

Northern Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Italy

We are flying from Denver and know we'll have a connecting flight to Rome, Italy. We are wondering what is the best airline to use? Delta has the best prices, but we've never flown Delta. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Edited: 10 January 2012, 22:15
Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,428 Reviews
from US$83.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
537 Reviews
from US$415.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,918 Reviews
from US$124.70*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,809 Reviews
from US$61.20*
US$68.00
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Italy

I think there was a time when you could say one airline was significantly much better than another. And that still holds true for some (Virgin, Singapore air,etc). However, I think most nowadays are pretty much the same for Int'l services unless you are going business or first. I do tend to prefer British Air, simply for the better meal service, a tad bit more leg room and individual viewing screens for movies and such. You can book it from Denver, though your first leg to Chicago will be on its partner, American Airlines. If the prices are significantly better on Delta, then I think I would go with them...given there are no hidden baggage charges and fees. Though I think the new rules states that all fees now have to be mentioned up front at time of initial booking entry - not sure.

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Italy

I agree with previous poster. I usually try to go with BA because of better service and in seat entertainment but they aren't perfect. If Delta has the amenities you want and a shorter travel time they would probably be ok.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,238 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Italy

You can read airline passenger comments www.airlinequality.com

albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Italy

I've had great luck with United to Italy. Denver - IAD - FCO.

I try to avoid flying through Chicago or Newark.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Fiumicino Airport
Fiumicino Airport
Fiumicino, Italy
5. Re: Flights to Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:31