We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

Hi

we are off to Rome for the weekend next weekend. our accommodation doesnt do breakfast so we are planning on going to stand at the bar for coffee and cornetto.. except i dont drink Coffee.. do these places serve other hot drinks? i will have had my morning cuppa in the room so can survive with something else..

also is there such thing as a cooked brunch in Rome? on the sunday we are up and out to the museum but fly around lunch time so would love a hot cooked brunch before we leave rome around 11.00 ish? advise welcomed.

many thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,948 reviews
from US$76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$411.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,814 reviews
from US$123.30*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,601 reviews
from US$57.20*
US$63.50
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
480 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

You can definitely chose to have tea or hot chocolate....in fact some of the best hot chocolate I have ever drunk has been in Italy....really thick and rich!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

The italian breakfast is composed, basically, by coffee and derivates such as "cappuccino", "caffelatte", but also tea or orange juice and something sweet such as "cornetto" or pastry. You will find that in a lot of bar everywhere in town. I suggest you a hand-made confectionery for better quality. There are also places for cooked brunch, for example Autogrill-Spizzico - via del Corso.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

Sunday brunch is becoming more and more available in Rome.

Have a look at this blog post (in Italian):

puntarellarossa.it/2011/…

Put the URL through Google Translate or just look at the locations (some are not in the center) and/or the prices.

rome
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

But the sunday brunches in Rome never start before 11, actually most start at 12, which in any case is too late for the OP.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

As a for instance, here's the price list of a little bar we use, a street or three off the Campo de' Fiori....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/140853039

Haven't had their chocolate, but it's there at 4.50-5.00.... which I'd imagine would get you the proper thick stuff, rather than Italian cocoa!

For an early hot meal, look for places that call themselves a "tavola calda" - although some at least are very likely to be closed on Sundays?

Peter

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

No problem for breakfast at the bars but I tell you that In Italy it is very uncommon to find tea kettle in the room....

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

super.. excited now.. (thanks Simon.. I am assured we have tea in the room..otherwise Id have to bring my own!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,906 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

we had breakfast at a bar in Rome (chit from our hotel) this fall and I had chocolate every morning -- it is one of the choices for breakfast most places -- tea is also available in every bar

not much chance of having a hot lunch in time to head for the airport at 11

I'd get sandwiches to go and eat them while you wait for the plane -- or else find a place that offers an English breakfast or American breakfast and have a big protein filled breakfast late in the morning

9. Re: coffee and cornetto - any chance of Tea or Chocolate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 10:28