We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

I am staying in Rome with my 10 year old daughter in August. We will need to be at Ciampino airport on a Monday morning for a 10.15 flight. I was wondering approximately how much it would cost to get a taxi or would I be better getting there by the coach transfer from Termini?

Any help appreciated, the Hotel is not booked yet but seems a decent one, or again am I better being near the Termini?

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

Jon, the taxi from Ciampino to anywhere within the Aurelian Walls and vice versa is a fixed rate of 30 euros. What is the exact address of the hotel as some of the area around the Vatican is within and some are outside the walls. Here's a link to the Comune of Rome's website which gives the fixed rates prices and for a map of the area covered by the fixed rate, click on "see map" below the bold heading.

www.comune.roma.it/wps/portal/pcr…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

Cheers for that, not 100% clear, might be me being thick but on the map is it the orange area that is charged at 30 Euros? If so I think I'm ok. The address is

Joli Hotel

Via Cola di Rienzo, 00192 Rome, Italy

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

Yes, it's the orange area, so you are within the Walls. Print off a copy of the map to show the driver you know it's within the area and that you know the fixed rate is 30 euros.

4. Re: Transport to Ciampino from Vatican area hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 10:17