We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to pick up rental car?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Where to pick up rental car?

My husband and I are spending 3 days in Rome and then want to pick up a rental car and drive to Lake Garda. We will be returning the car to Fiumicino airport, but our rental company would not charge a fee for picking up and dropping off at different locations. My options for pick up are; Fiumucino, Ciampino, or various city centre locations. I have ruled out the city locations as we don’t want the stress and hassle of driving through the city, so just wondering which airport would be easiest to pick up from. According to Google maps, Ciampino is about 25mins less driving time, but really just want the easiest driving option. Also we will be getting a taxi from our hotel, price wise is there much difference between a taxi to the two airports?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to pick up rental car?

Both airports are located near the GRA (the ring road around Rome) so it's a matter of convenience for you. If your hotel is in the centro district, it's now 10 euro less to go to CIA, rather than FCO. There is often more selection of vehicles at FCO, but it appears you already have your vendor worked out.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 19:02
2. Re: Where to pick up rental car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2013, 10:27