We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

Hi. My partner and I are off to Rome for 3 nights at the end of May. Everywhere we've looked at so far is coming up fairly expensive (£200 per night). Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere central so we can walk to most places, but we dont mind staying a few metro/bus stops out if the price is good and the travel easy/frequent. We'd be prepared to pay £150 per night for the room (not each!) but would love to get something more towards £100 (unrealistic?) Not too bothered about size, as long as it's safe, clean and not too noisy. The ideal would be somewhere near to cafes, bakeries, etc, so we can pop down for breakfast easily, rather than out in a suburban area. But aware of cost.

Thanks in advance!!

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

To add to my above post, sorry, this is my first time to Rome. My partner has been before years ago and stayed central, but that Hotel was too expensive now.

Though we want to keep tye cost of the hotel at a reasonable price, we do want to enjoy ourselves while there, so are not on a budget as such. I want to see some of the obvious tourist haunts, but what I really enjoy is lazing around the city, taking in the atmosphere, stopping off at nice little coffee shops and admiring the architecture.

Any advice on nice little coffee houses, bistro type restaurants with great food and atmosphere, and anything else is appreciated.

(I will go and look through the site now as well to get more tips!)

Thanks all, I cannot ait for this holiday!!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

100 GBP is around 120 Euro, 150 GBP around 180 Euro, at today's exchange rate. Even in high season, you can find central accommodation for somewhere between the two. I've never come across a hotel or B&B in Rome that wasn't clean.

Use www.booking.com and www.venere.com to look for accommodation. Consider B&Bs as well as hotels. B&Bs in Rome don't have nosy landladies; the main thing that differentiates them from hotels is that they don't have staff on hand 24/7. All hotels and most B&Bs include breakfast in the room rate; some B&Bs might give you a voucher for a nearby bar.

The most central areas on both Web sites are Navona, Pantheon and Trevi. These areas are full of cafes and restaurants.

Edited: 24 January 2012, 11:58
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

I agree about the B&Bs, we try to stay at B&Bs rather than hotels wherever we go.

We stayed here last April and it was clean, central and within your budget: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d119664…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

Hi there

In 2010 we stayed at the Hotel Accademia. It does get mixed reviews but it was fine for us for two nights. The location was great for seeing the sights. Our first choice was the Cesari but it was booked out.

Kind Regards

Merran

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

What are your exact travel dates? My husband and I are going in September for three nights and like you, I wanted somewhere clean and central for not more than €120 per night. I decided on the Albergo Cesari, as it gets good reviews on Trip Advisor and is only a couple of minutes walk from Piazza Navona, Pantheon and Trevi.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187791-d2030…

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/albergo-cesari.en.html?aid=311076;label=albergo-cesari-qYH6xT07UIeI0rRZ71Ay_gS3875079120;ws=&gclid=CK2MnfH06q0CFQoc4Qod8TJ54A

We have been to Rome before and knew that this was the area we wanted to stay in. It is really lively and lots of great restaurants. I booked through booking.com and was delighted to get it for €120 per night, that’s including breakfast and is cancellable and no deposit required.

Now, I haven’t stayed there yet, but the reviews are good and I was turned by the fact that you can have breakfast on the roof terrace!

Edited: 25 January 2012, 10:00
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

Sorry, I can't get that booking.com to work, but if you copy and paste into your address bar, it does work!

7. Re: Where to stay: reasonable price, clean and central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:35